Thursday, June 19, 2014

On nursing

Alhamdulillah it's been almost 10 months and Im still able to produce milk for this little ball of sunshine. I didn't think I had it in me. Those who know me would know that I loveee my sleep. And my pumping routine does not involve waking up in the middle of the night to pump. 

Kalif started to drink 3 ounce when I went to work.When he was almost 5 months he had a growth spurt and 3 oz wasnt enough anymore.I had to give him 4.Now he's happy with 3.5oz five times a day . Sometimes he needs more in the morning..around 4.5oz.

I pump 3 times at work and once at night..usually.If Im too busy/tired 3 times will do.And i pump for the day after.My stock?Around 10 bottles.Yup.After my confinement i got so comfortable of producing "just enough" for tomorrow, and i didnt bother to stock up more.I had 200oz in stock so I thought Id be ok.

Until I accidentally turned the plug of the deep freezer off.

Oh well.

Alhamdulillah even though I was a bit stressed at first, I managed it pretty well.During the fifth month,my production dropped..drastically. And i just gave Kalif 3 oz per feeding.I pumped 5 times,and that lasted for a week before everything went back to normal.
I even got into the idea of introducing formula milk to him.





Ramadhan is coming soon and Im pretty worried I wont produce as much..Although we mommies are allowed to break our fast if we cant handle it. So Mommies , what do you do to sustain your milk? Im so afraid of not having enough fluid in me, I dont drink as much as night..has that been a problem for you ? Any tips ?

TIA!

xoxo



7 comments:

Shakina Farhan said...

macam kina sahur takleh escape..:P..kl tak mmg rse lembik..minum susu + kurma..

ariNAjmee said...

Salam.
Saya mmg xleh makan sahur hehe so just blend susu kurma & shaklee (esp mshake n performance drink).
Alhamdulillah masih berupaya pam (thun lepas) masa puasa ☺

Dulu Gadis, Kini Mama said...

kurma, kurma, kurma. 3 biji kurma sahur, 3 biji kurma berbuka.

some said, makan kurma elok kalau dalam kiraan ganjil kan? 1 atau 3 biji. kalau mampu, makan 7 biji sahur dan 7 biji berbuka. inshaAllah.

BLuRpL3 said...

dear, saya dulu byk amalkan minum susu, kurma dan spirulina.. alhamdulillah, masih bf smpai skrg, my son dah 1 yr 8mo-. byk2 doa juga spy Allah, panjang rezeki susu utk anak smpai cukup 2 thn..in shaa Allah :)mommy jgn stress tau, sbb bila stress production susu drop.

http://blurplediary.blogspot.dk/2014/07/in-out-ramadhan-2014-di-perantauan.html

Unknown said...

Thank u ! I xle kena makan nasi jugak hehe

Unknown said...

Now i can tolerate kurma. Not a fan sbb maniss and texture dia i x suka. Tp lepas makan mmg bertenaga sampai petang :)

Unknown said...

Ahh spirulina. Masa pantang rajin makan benda2 gitu. Minyak kelapa dara x penah tinggal. Kena beli lagila nampaknya. Thank u !