When someone introduced me to Etsy.com, I went crazy. Literally. I would spend hours and hours browsing and holding myself back from clicking the 'Put into cart' button. Because of Etsy, I now have a Paypal Account. BAHAHAHA.
Aizad even gave me a few bucks to work on my project.
Ah my project.
I wanted to make the invites for my friends myself after seeing this cute DIY invites that had feathers on em .
Then, after 2 perfectly fine purchases, I made the mistake of buying lingerie online. I checked out the seller's page. It looked perfectly fine. Had a lot of pics (maybe too many. Like they were convincing you they're not a scam when they really were)
Anyway, I was scammed.
That got me off Etsy. Which was a blessing in disguise. Or else Id spend all my pennies on those cute stuff they sell.
But then again. I have all these baby blue and teal lace I bought from China and US. And Im not using them.
Until Mama asked me to put together invites for the neighbours for the nikah.
So after a long day, Aizad and I and Shy went to this new art shop in Section 7, got myself some stationary and went to work straight away!
After 2 hours, I created 40 pieces of these babies!

Woohoo. Nice eh?
The teal lace cost me RM20 for one metre (that was from US and the dusty blue cost me the same but for 2 metres. That was from China. I think they do sell them here but there's something about buying stuff online and the idea of having your purchases shipped over the Pacific Ocean was rather mysteriously sexy haha.
All in All, I spent RM90 bux to make 40 diy invites. Not practical if you plan on giving out 500 invites. 500 invites would mean 1000 bux Excluding the envelopes. It would be more practical to do these babies in small quantities. Like for your close friends or for your nikah.
This is the only diy project Ive ever done. Not bad eh?
Tick tock tick tock. 15 more days to go !
1 comment:
suka yang dusty blue. hehe.
Post a Comment