The first time I came to Redang, I was 20. That was with the college, we slept at our foster family's home,me with Hajar. I still remember where the house is located, but sadly I forgot my foster mother's name. Can't just knock on the door and say Hi remember me? I used to weigh 20 pounds lighter? HEHE.
I woke up at 3.30 am on Sunday morning, planning to make the move at 4. But Aizad had a late night and waking him up is easier said than done. By the time he was awake, I managed to finish packing the small details, shower, get ready, and whip up some breakfast for us.At 4.15 I changed Kalif's clothes, and Aizad carried him down to the car. We just bought a new car seat for him the day before. Alhamdulillah he was ok sleeping in it. We've never travelled so far, and long hours in the car with a toddler makes me nervous.
When we entered MEX from Sepang, Kalif fell asleep again. He woke up only when we stopped at Temerloh for Subuh. That's just ordinary of him, he sleeps and stops if the car stops. A couple of hours later he was still Ok, enjoying the ride and all. The highway was so misty!!
The last hour though was a nightmare . He was getting anxious and tired and probably cant feel his butt so I let him out of his seat and you know what happens when you let a toddler roam freely in the car. I guess he was sleepy again , so I gave him some milk and he went back to sleep again, 30 minutes before we reached Merang.
The last hour though was a nightmare . He was getting anxious and tired and probably cant feel his butt so I let him out of his seat and you know what happens when you let a toddler roam freely in the car. I guess he was sleepy again , so I gave him some milk and he went back to sleep again, 30 minutes before we reached Merang.
The hotel we booked, The Taraas Spa and Beach Resort arranged for a speedboat for us from Jeti Mutiara, Merang. Mind you there are 3 jetty's in Merang, all close proximity with each other. We found the wrong one at first, but after a few phone calls we found the right one. Asmawi was there, waiting for us. He was one of the Hotel's staff, stationed in Merang permanently. That was around 10.30. The boat people was a bit nervous seeing I was 8 months pregnant, waters can be rough sometimes. He advised us to take the earliest boat back on Wednesday, which was at 8.30 am. SNort*. As if I'd waste 4 hours of precious time at the Resort. Says me.
We arrived in Redang around 11.45am and I quickly hopped in the front seat of the Hotel's van with Kalif. Luckily I did, cause the rest of the 12 hotel guests had to wait at the jetty in the hot sun.
We were supposed to check in straight away, the hotel guaranteed the room was ready. But Aizad requested for a King bed and we were to be upgraded too...supriseeee..A garden suite!!! But the downhill was that we had to wait until 2 pm for it to be ready. Kalif was exhausted after 6 hours of journey. We were hungry but tired. How to kill time with this exhausted toddler. We spent half an hour at the playroom, God bless the person who made that room possible.
We had lunch by the pool. Which made Kalif squirm even more. He kept saying "Shwim. Di (mandi). Shwim!". Not helping that there were a few kids in the pool splashing away. Kalif kept throwing food on the floor. I gave him my napkin, also landed on the floor. Abah's hat, on the floor , yes. Wet wipes, etc. I think one of the personnel got annoyed even if he did say it was ok. Hey you try to control an exhausted 19 month old ok.
Kepenatan
We had lunch by the pool. Which made Kalif squirm even more. He kept saying "Shwim. Di (mandi). Shwim!". Not helping that there were a few kids in the pool splashing away. Kalif kept throwing food on the floor. I gave him my napkin, also landed on the floor. Abah's hat, on the floor , yes. Wet wipes, etc. I think one of the personnel got annoyed even if he did say it was ok. Hey you try to control an exhausted 19 month old ok.
An hour and a half later, after lunch, and dessert,we still had 30 minutes to kill. So I bought the giddy Kalif to the souvenir shop. Wrong move. He was squirming like a fish. Amazingly, I brought back a beach ball, hand floats and some sand toys. I had to restrain Kalif from wrecking all the souvenirs in the shop. Imagine being 32 weeks pregnant. Can't time go by any faster?
We came back to the cafe and Aizad went to check up on our suite. Thank God it was ready. We rode in the buggy, sent us to our room which was just a two minute walk away. Phew. I dont mean to sound like a brat but walking was the last thing I wanted to do then.
The suite was BEAUTIFUL, with a traditional touch and wooden flooring.
Kalif had a bath, that hantu air, and after having his milk, was in lalaland in no time..
Lunyai dah masa ni
The suite was BEAUTIFUL, with a traditional touch and wooden flooring.
Living room with 2+1, a TV , desk coffee table and cupboard
for refreshments.
QC check bilik
Wet Bathroom. Tub+shower
The Bedroom
View from our room
Kalif had a bath, that hantu air, and after having his milk, was in lalaland in no time..
To be continued...
























4 comments:
Napa delete kak su haha
nawal..i dari ritu nak tanya.. masa u gi ni.. berapa minggu baby..sebab i nak sangat bejalan jauh2 cegini.. tapi.. macam tak daye jer.. hahaha.. tengok bath tub tu.. i nak sangat2 pergi bercuti..hagak2 sempat tak lagi sebulan ni...hurrmm...
Masa i g tuu i around 32 kot. U kalau nak pergi kalau larat g jela haha. I ni sarat, kalif yang masih manja tu pon kena layankan,so i rasa u ok jela. Kalau x larat drive,naikla flight ke kt hihi
Post a Comment