Day 3 at Pekanbaru and we woke a bit late. Breakfast was still at 7 and we did some light shopping in town. Aizad got some jackets for his brother and father, and I had a five minutes trishaw ride. Five minutes cause I don't think Pak Karim's trishaw could handle mine and Along's weight. HAHA.
At first cuma nak amik gambar dengan dia je. I gave him rp10k. Abang cakap might as well go for a ride, so I had Along tag along.
We gave him 60k. Ucu Syafri said after the ride he'd probably gone home for the day since he made so much cycling us around aha. Pak Kasim said his sister lives in Malaysia, Kuala Selangor to be exact. He's 70.
Half an hour later we were off to Ayah's cousin's, Pak Akmal, cousin on our Grandma's side.
Indah, my 2nd cousin.
We only stopped for a while, before heading to Pak Kamil, ayah's other cousin on Nenek Jipah's side. He's blind, but according to Ucu Syafri, hatinya terang. He looked happy, always smiling , probably because he finally met his long lost cousin.
And then that's when the food came. This, is the our FIRST lunch of the day. Pak Kamil's daughter in law, who joined the family four months prior, cooked. Augustia had hands of an angel. I had the yummiest gulai kerang, sambal belacan, sambal telur, bayam goreng, and kerang rebus. OMG it was so good I HAD to have seconds.
BIG MISTAKE.
The 3rd house we visited served us rice as well. And the fourth. By the time we set foot in the fifth, I was praying there will be no more rice. AMEN! They served kuih. LOTS OF THEM. HAHA.
We visited my aunt I've never met, our cousin, and ayah's cousin. By 3 we were stuffed. Last night in Bagan. The next day we left for Pekanbaru, another 8 gruesome hours. GROAN*. And that last night there, we had a HUGE reunion with our cousins and 2nd cousins in Pekanbaru. I never knew I had so many cousins!!! Ucu Syafri married a chinese, so his daughters semua cun cun wooo...!
OK tengok gambar je la. Dah malas nak cita. haha.
Bila sampai, diorang tabur beras kunyit haha rasa macam pengantin
Yang ni memang pengantin. Upacara 'upah-upah'. memang jadi kewajipan
kalau ada tetamu diraikan. Ni Pak Ahyat baca selawat sambil pusingkan
bunga pahar. diorang siap sewakan bunga pahar. haha
Singgah masjid . An hour away from reaching Pekanbaru. Selekeh dah
Budak ni dari awal datang dok ngendeng kat cewek.
Kalau dah kaki durian...
Rumah Pak Kamil , ayah's cousin
Pak Ahyat and ayah. Long lost cousin
Mama and her SIL
Tengok ! tengok!
Amaddd amadd..hish2
Last dinner in Bagan. With Baim , our cousin in law and Ucu Syafri
Bye Hotel Lion. We wont miss you
After reaching Pekanbaru, we checked in at Bellin Swiss SKA Pekanbaru .Behind SKA Mall.
It's a 3 star hotel and totally recommended if you plan to go here. Costs RM140 per night. Murah ok.
Nak ke kenduri tahlil
We've never met these people yet a single trip changed everything. We're definitely coming back , once a year at least :). honestly I didn't feel like leaving. They REALLY treat us like family duh..but they were so excited to see us as well.
Finally, after all these years :)
I'll bring Baby K there one day.
xoxo
N and A and Baby K
.jpg)











.jpg)
.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment