Saturday, April 6, 2013

2nd checkup at 16 weeks

I just came back from my 16th week checkup at Klinik Ajwa, seksyen 7 shah alam.We've decided to do our monthly checkup here since we're comfortable with the dr`s and the service is good. Not to mention the cost is way cheaper than DEMC. Of course if you have the kaching You`d want to go to DEMC but to pay triple the amount would be a waste of money since Im not having a high risk pregnancy, like Huda said. Since my panel clinic is Klinik Ajwa, i might as well do my scans here, since they have all my records.

Baby is growing fine in my tummy Alhamdulillah. Doc says its 16.9 CM long already. Can you believe that? I just got my weekly pregnancy updates and it says at 16 weeks your baby should be 10.9 to 11.9 cm. Which means its 5 cm longer than average babies.Im carrying a supermodel here! Haha

We dont know the gender yet.but at 16 weeks, they havent seen anything.If it were a boy, you'd be able to see the penis by now right? Ikot suka aku haha but thats what everyone says.My sil found out she was carrying a boy at 3 months, and fafau found out when she was five weeks pregnant. I have a feeling its a girl :-)

The dr was really friendly and informative.Not reserved at all.We got Dr Nadya Mirza. Very friendly and laughs at all our jokes, even our banter . Haha.She straight away went to scan the baby and the first words she said was 'Dah besar dah dia'. I asked to hear the heartbeat and she put it on max.OmG! The heartbeat was so loud I was grinning from ear to ear. Our baby's healthy alhamdulillah. Everythings on track.

When she wanted to measure the length, and look for the knee cap, it took her a while cause she said the baby was so long. 'Panjangnya budak niii" haha. But we saw the knee cap, the head (she said it was big too haha) and the spine. Alls fine, we cant be more grateful. Syukur.

The placenta is in place,not covering the birth canal. And baby's head was at the canal,alls good masyaAllah I cant believe we're almost halfway there :-)

Klinik Ajwa is pretty awesome if u ask me.Friendly and informative drs,reasonable cost,great service.For consultation and scan, it costs RM56.but add in obimin and i had to pay RM88 today.Next appointment I'll be getting the tetanus shot.

My bp was low, dr highlighted that.always been like that for me.dr takot pengsan.Oh and im not gaining any weight,im actually losing weight,0.5kg lighter.So looks like i gotta eat more and make that a goal.2kg till the next appointment.Besnya,boleh makan banyak! Haha.

Cant wait to feel that first kick. :-)

Xoxo
N

11 comments:

BAIZURA NATASHA said...

I tau gender baby I at 3mths.ofcourse i x bharap sgt sbb kdg2 girl susah nak confirm. Kalo boy mmg sng nk confirm. We'll see next checkup. I hope u r carrying a girl too. So that u can name her mumtazulaiqa :)

Unknown said...

So ure carrying a girl? Hehe.. I think its a girl but tgk 20 weeks dr cakap apa.cant wait!

LisaLisut said...

I confirm tau girl ms 5bln. Wpn dh agak dr perut yg lebat n x lonjong hahah. Tq for d info. Mana tau nx baby i gigih nk ke shah alam for check up haha

Unknown said...

Haha tula girl lambat kan , i pon rasa i dpt girl ni...

Woot woot nexr babyyyyy...bila tu lisa

Rilla said...

I tahu gender @ 33 weeks :|

Unknown said...

huhu..girl eh rilla?

Suraya Jafar said...

Tak jugak kot, kak sue scan 4 month xnampak pon girl or boy even dia dah kasi kangkang luas.. So dr assume girl la but 50-50.. At 7 month kak sue wat 3d terus.. Baru comfirm boy.. Hahah.. Buat another 2d scan di klinik pakar pon comfirm boy..

Unknown said...

kak su - huhu. tula i think deep down i want a boy but kalau girl pn alhamdulillah :)

e.t.t.y said...

i mula mula scan, kt panel doc kata girl. then pergi panel lain, doc kata boy. then terus cont scan kt ''panel lain'' tu. sudahnya, ''panel lain'' betul. baby boy. tp 28w kot baru confirm gender..

Suraya Jafar said...

Takpe, yg penting both mummy and bby sihat dan selamat.. Semua nak laki anak sulung kan? Tp girl pon ade baiknya jugak..

Suraya Jafar said...

Kadang2 based on instinct mak pon boleh, kak sue dpt rasa kak sue tgh bwk boy sbb i love everything husband kak sue suka yg sebelum ni tak suka.. Yg kak sue suka terutama makanan tak boleh terima n tak lalu..