Thursday, January 24, 2013

Exercise for pregnant ladies

And there goes my mood to blog about the wedding. Seems like its been months since the big day, and now we're expecting our lil junior! Allahuakbar. We're so blessed. 

Well for those who know me back then, I was 155 cm tall and weigh 49 kilogram. Now Im still 155cm tall but I weigh 11 kilos more. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Yes I now weigh 60 kilogram, and this is all because of Aizad. HAHA. Nak jugak salahkan dia. Well yes, he's made me so happy, in fact we've been so happy that both of us has ballooned at an extremely alarming rate. 

I need to start exercising. 

I know some of you might say that I look better with all this weight on but honestly I feel fat and this is not the pregnancy hormones thats talking. Im having fat everywhere and I cant afford to!!! Imagine how much weight I'll put on for the next 8 months. I need to start exercising again. 

I know Zumba is too much jumping. Too many twirls and jumps that'll make me feel uneasy. So I googled and here's some good tips from BabyCentre.


Cardiovascular

  • Walking: One of the best cardiovascular exercises for pregnant women, walking keeps you fit without jarring your knees and ankles. It's also easy to do almost anywhere, doesn't require any equipment beyond a good pair of supportive shoes, and is safe throughout all nine months of pregnancy.
    Video 
  • Swimming: Healthcare providers and fitness experts hail swimming as the best and safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is ideal because it exercises both large muscle groups (arms and legs), provides cardiovascular benefits, and allows expectant women to feel weightless despite the extra pounds of pregnancy.
  • Low-impact aerobics: One good thing about an aerobics class is that it's a consistent time slot when you know you'll get some exercise. And if you take a class for pregnant women, you'll enjoy the camaraderie of other moms-to-be and feel reassured that each movement is safe for you and your baby.
  • Dancing: You can get your heart pumping by dancing to your favorite tunes in the comfort of your own living room, with a DVD, or at a dance class, but steer clear of routines that call for leaps, jumps, or twirls.

BUT WAIT!

Here's 13 rules of safe pregnancy exercise. 

Highlights



My boss who just delivered a baby boy last year looked GREAT during her whole 9 months of pregnancy and when asked, she said she did Yoga.She didnt put on any weight. Bandingkan dengan orang melayu. Tak mengandung pon dah 60 kilo. Kalau dah ngandung, 80 kilo? Korang ngandung bapa kilo? her her.

Maybe I can do yoga but I hate yoga. It hurts too much

Belum papa dah kasi alasan. HAHA

So, what do you pregnant mothers do to keep fit ?

Or is any pregnant mothers interested in being my exercise buddy?



17 comments:

sumpit said...

congratzzzz!
So how far along are you now?
Kalu baru 1st tri, 11kg bole tahan gak tu :) Tp aku pon gained byk gak hari tu.
But it is possible to maintain yr weight thruout ur pregnancy. Member aku sorg ni hari2 jln, lost some during her pregnancy, tp dia mmg dah kena warning jgn gain any sbb dia mmg overweight pon.
Another fren gained like 3 kg je, lepas beranak terus jd lg kurus. And tht's actually a very good thing sbb bila dah ada baby, nak exercise pon tak sempat, unless we're victoria beckham la... @_@

LisaLisut said...

Tggi kita sama. Dan berat kita jugak naik sama in early pregnancy muahahah. B4 deliver i 69. Marilah beat haha.skrg pn stil 60. Mls nk pk gua chill je hahaha. Eh try yoga. Yoga for pregnancy best. Hehe

QueenBz said...

Aku sebelum bersalin 75kg boleh. Masa pantang 65kg. Ni 60kg dah. Bila nak dapat 55kg balik aku pun tak pasti! HAHAHA

Oii, aku naik tangga 4 tingkat tiap hari gi kelas naik ofis. Yaaa, itu tak membantu turunkan berat, tapi ia membantu ketika nak beranak

ain.ya.nun. said...

Kiss:

Ko sebelum bersalin 55kg? Haha, I 54 & tinggi 165. Tapi sekarang..
T_____T


Nawal,
Congrats!
& selamat menembamkan diri. Haha.

Unknown said...

Congrats Nawal...
Hmmm keep fit...time preggy i suke g jenjalan shopping mall je (kononnye byk berjalan senang beranak!)..but actually most important is less ice sebab xde stamina nnti nk push..

I dulu cam u..ms kawen 48-49kg...preggy up to 66 kot...then after pantang 60-64kg...sampai pregnant pulak xnak turun, degil!

Now 2nd preggy, rasa cm kurus ckit! (kononn~)..

All the best through out the journey!

sha said...

congrates nawal! i'm so happy for you :)
i pun berat 49 kg and i gained 26 kg okeh throughout this pregnancy. after pantang baru dpt 59 kg. tapi bila bf baby insya allah berat turun lagi. optimis2. hiks

Rilla said...

I dulu banyak jalan sebab office tepi shopping mall kan. So lunch hour je menawaf mall. Jalan kat luar panas, oh! Jalan dalam mall sejuk skit, hahaha.

Tapi takdelah banyak sangat berjalan sebab cepat mengah. Through out my pregnancy I gained 10kgs je. Pre pregnancy weight was 43kg, no lepas 2 months deliver, I'm at 45-47.(my height is 152) My cousin siap lari join marathon lagi, gilo btol.

Unknown said...

Sumpit-thank you babe! Well this is embarassing but i was overweight before i even got married haha.borderline overweight but still.that 11kilos was gained during our courtship (gitu courtship haha). So i gotta keep myself together and control what i eat. Good thing im a kindie teacher morning till evening so im always on the go. How bout you?

Unknown said...

Sumpit-eh lupa jawab.i baru nak enter five weeks.harhae

Unknown said...

Lisa-okla tu 60.69 xdala naik mana sgt. U dulu buat yoga ke? Katne?

Unknown said...

Kiz-sihatnya kau kiz.kahkah..tp gigih kau naik tangga. Aku tak berapa gigih. Memula pregger da stat daki tangga ke nak dkt akhir?

Unknown said...

Dakpink-thank u awak! Sudah cukup cukup sudah! No more weight gain haha.

Unknown said...

Zihan zamberi-lemak degil tu payah kan. I senang naik senang turun dulula,skang senang naik je x turun2.dah sampai 60 kilo ni pon da mengah semcam .

Wahhh preggy lagi.teman i jom yoga!

Unknown said...

Sha-thanks sha! Hehraplaaaa...sil i pon naik banyak gila almost double her weight.now slim melim u .

Jgn i kalahkan aizad sudah haha. Leh lawan tangan

Unknown said...

Rilla-comelnya u! Sebb tgk ketinggian. Hehe. U mmg comel pon. Okayla berat tu.ideal kan? I keje dalam mall pon x larat nak tawaf herher. Nak kena cari motivasi ni. Bawak aizad g yoga sekali ke ,ok gak ye dak? Haha.

Suraya Jafar said...

Kak sue 7 month dah 65 kg. baby just only 1.2 lebihnya lemak di ternak si emak. Hahaha. Ehh, air ketuban n uri tak kira lagi.. 1st 3 checkup kak sue turun berat badan.. Maybe sebab nausea, free from nausea then baru naik dgn jayanya. Now naik 8 kg and counting. Kalau a month normally kena naik about 2 kg, hopefully tby the time deliver berat 70 kg je not more. Tp skrg suke nor makan coklat.. Wat to do. Craving nak taste coklat je.. But still leh fit baju2 baby doll zaman anak dara and those maxidress kak sue beli before pregnant.. Siap tanye hubby, ayg nampak cam ngandung ke cam pempuan boncet? Sib baek dia jawap dgn betul..klu tak tido luar la jawapnya..

ummi said...

kepada mak beruang....

belilah gymball n boleh ajak aizad exercise. byk cara yg tak menyakitkan utk bersenam, main thing to keep your body fit.

come on nawal....*chicken dance*
heheheheh

enjoy ur pregnancy.

Mas doakan yg terbaik utk nawal n fmly. xoxo (nak jugak)