Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How I met your father

I heard about Aizad long before I met him. LOL. Tweetfamous kan. *giggle*. Rumors said he was a womanizer, a casanova. That he used money to pick  up girls. Ayat manis poket penuh la gitu.  I think the most absurd rumor I heard was that he gave a chick a DSLR to hit on her. LOL. As absurd as it was, I believed it. (sorry baby). I knew he was divorced. And he was so bitter about women that his tweets annoyed me so much. He RT'ed me once (wont tell which one though lol) and his comments were "Wow.That's deep" ( I cant believe i still remember that!) I did not follow him, just to irk the guy. LOL. And I guess I got his attention! He hated my guts too. LOL

Then I met him

It was 3rd of March. I was with someone else , just chilling at Twtup Johor, Danga Bay to be exact when he came. He was wearing this shirt, with his jacket and barret. Holding his tab. He came up to us and said "So, Inilah Mumtazulaiqa?" My date replied for me "Nama dia Nawal". Aizad replied "Oh kena tipula ni"  .I didn't say a word. I just stared.

I fell in love the moment I saw him.

I can't believe I still remember what he wore that day.

That was a month before we went on our first date. 

I never go out with people I meet online. Aizads the second case. I guess after the divorce I just didn't want to be me. I wanted to meet people.

Our first real conversation on twitter was about buying a house. He said he didnt want to get a two story house cause then his future wife had to clean a lot. One point for Aizad. LOL.

By then, I already followed the guy. 

Then one day,he was tweeting about divorces and I think I commented on the same thing and he said "I know a bit about the syariah law, Im a divorcee". I replied "Yeah, me too"

Guess that got the ball rolling. That was the first thing we knew we had in common. That we were hurt, and that we understand how it felt to fail in marriage once. The second thing we had in common was that , well, we haven't given up on love. 





Few days later, I won tickets to the premiere screening of Street Dance 2, to be shown at  GSC Tropicana Mall. By then Aizad was already fishing for a date. 

"Since we're both divorcees, it would only be logic if we went on a date. Maybe we'll find solace in each other"

I was well, still reluctant. But here I have 8 tickets so might as well go and see the movie. Except we didn't go. We gave it all away and ended up talking  for hours at Porto Romano. 

We didn't even take a picture. I was too infatuated by Aizad to even remember. We had spaghetti  that I didn't even finish cause it had too much tomato in it. And the worst creme brule I'ver ever tasted in my life, but it was the best first date ever. 

I got flowers the day after. *Grin*

I fell in love with Aizad straight away. Honestly, it freaked me out a little bit cause everything was just too surreal. This CANT be right. But he was perfect. He was everything I've looked for in a partner. He was funny. He was confident. He was romantic. He was caring.  He's sensitive and charming. He knew his stuff. He is eloquent. Speaks perfect English (it may sound a bit snobbish but yes, I like that in a partner) . He took my breath away.  But I refused to give in to my feelings 100%. I was still holding back.

A week later, his mother proposed . LOL. 

Like seriously. 

And a month later, his family came for the merisik. We got engaged, 144 days after the first date. 

And less than 100 days until the wedding. 

I met my soulmate, 9 months ago. Everytime someone asks how we met each other, we didn't know how to answer. It wasn't twitter yet It was. I taught him if someone asks, just say "Jodoh" LOL. 

This has got to be the craziest year for me. 


"Abang, can you believe how lucky we are to have been given a second chance? You're everything I look for in a partner.I can't believe I finally found you after all the heartache. I'd do it again, as long as you're at the end of the road, waiting.  I love you! So so much". 

We're sending the fabric for my solemnization kurung today. 

This time, I'm wearing white 

:)








16 comments:

ain.ya.nun. said...

Semoga semuanya kan baik-baik saja ye.

Amin.

Anis aka Mama Mila said...

Awwwwww...cant help myself to awww at every para haha

CiK pUaN mAmA bAm-BaM said...

alhamdullilah....

semoga jodoh ini adalah yang terakhir dan berkekalan sehingga ke syurga..

amin...

Riana said...

Perancangan Allah itu sebaik2 perancangan =)

Mrs.Qarlista said...

danga bay? ohh..ohh.. hehe.. i always pray that u'll get the best in ur life. coz u deserve it mak beruang. less than 100 days? :P

Unknown said...

dak pink & cik puan mama - thank you insyaAllah :)

Unknown said...

anis - lol. i couldnt help but grin either :p. was smiling the whole time i wrote this entree AND after reading it over 3 times haha.

nad - haha ;p. the day i met you la. that was the first time i met aizad lol. haih mak buyung mana skang?

riana - its a mystery how he works kan. alhamdulillah :)

Suraya Jafar said...

oooww.. (sila buat bunyi oo ya tangkap leleh eh, bukan oo orang yang baru faham sesuatu pernyataan yang sukar dimengerti) how romantic. kak sue sangat suka cite romantik sekarang. Penangan cita Adam dan Hawa lah ni.

Qistin Fadzin said...

had to give in to the last 2 sentences... *got me teary* ;)

Unknown said...

Kak sue-lol oooooowwwwww.....so sweet..ala kita x tgk Adam n Hawa. Kak sue sihat?

Qis-haha my father will be very happy i opt for white!

Rilla said...

Salam Nawal,

I was your reader during your Ini Perempuan Jujur days. I'm glad you found your Mr Right and by reading your entries I know how happy you are right now. Tumpang happy for you.

Pak Yem pun mesti happy jugak because this time, you're wearing white :D

Unknown said...

Rilla - lol you remembered about my father haha. yes he will be very very happy. I came home yesterday with the sketches and showed it to him.

Khalisa Ridzuan said...

wow.love story u sgt unik! :)

lisa lisut

Suraya Jafar said...

kak sue sihat.. haha. kak sue tgh on mode romantik skrg, carik novel dah takde yg adventure2, novel romantik2 je..

Reen Tart Nenas said...

macam baca buku cerita la mak beruang :)

tahniah again to both of u :)

FY said...

Hi Mak beruang / ini perempuan jujur..congratulations..ada hikmah atas semua yg berlaku sebelum ini..semoga berbahagia hingga ke syurga =)