Saturday, September 1, 2012

Engagement

We weren't planning on getting engaged. For us, the merisik was just enough to get the ball rolling. I am more excited about the big day than the journey that lead up to it. Until my parents and I sent Aizad's dad to the airport and bid farewell to him.He's gone for training in Italy for a year.
 
Little did we know,the discussion the four of them had was about us getting engaged. If you knew my dad, you'll know he's the kind of person that doesn't skip steps. Merisik. Bertunang. Nikah. Thats how you do it.
 
So to make the big guy happy, we got engaged. He was so excited. Insisted on a dais and photographer (who was just my Uncle who so happens to be a photographer with Fotofreaks Malaysia) . Script. Yada yada yada. He even took me to shop for the attire. The songket I wore for the engagement? That was ayah's idea. Puteri Santubong sangat kan? We booked the hall a few days after, and a few other vendors. This time around it's easier. I know the game. And with only 4 months away I cant afford being all choosy. Im just going to concentrate on being happy :)




 
 
We're not inviting that much guests, compared to last time. I thought, that would bug me, but honestly it doesnt. Id rather have people who are close to me at heart sharing my big day than have people I dont know there. Honestly it is a bit creepy having random people messaging me on facebook asking about what happend to my marriage and question: "Hey weren't you married ?How come you're engaged again? Confused"

Took 15 people to ask the same question before i replied "God what is wrong with you people!'

I am still excited about the idea of the wedding, but honestly, it's the man that Im marrying thats making me all warm inside.
 
Clock is ticking!!

I can't wait!

 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Anis aka Mama Mila said...

Congrats nawal!!! :)

pelangi chenta said...

tahniah =)

Fieda_shairazi said...

congrats nawal.. hehe.. cantik sgt kau... cantik.. kalah tau anak dara luar sana... they all jeless... be happy girlll... u deserve it!

Unknown said...

thanks guys :)

dot - amboi statement hehe...thanks dot!