Ayah is officially 67 years old to this very day. I have always pictured ayah resting at this age, gardening, playing with his grandkid(s). But no, he's very much the father he was 20 years ago. Active, jovial, jokes around all the time, loves fish (whaaa??), always doing SOMETHING.
The thing about ayah is he always pushes people to be better. Things has to be better. You have to get number 1 in class. You have to have a good job. You have to know your English. Where's your manners? Look prim and proper. Look presentable. Be likable. Know your stuff. But he's generous with his family and friends. He's forgiving. He likes pretty things. He does EVERYTHING. He sings. He dances. He can talk. He reads. He knows how to have fun. He plays golf. He plays tennis. He plays badminton. He plays bowling. He's a qari. He organises events.He loves being photographed.
He's my father and Im proud to have him as one. Who has a father who knows Beyonce is pregnant and recognizes Kim Kardashian on screen? Who has a father who creeps up behind the door and suprises you with a boo? Or comes into your room, crawling on the floor making weird scary (not so haha) noises? Who has a father who farts out loud and says Eh siapa kentut ni!? hahaha. Who has a father who says kiss my ass first? HAHA. Who has a father who wakes you up from your afternoon nap just so he can bring everyone out to midvalley to get his mph books and then rush back home cause he wants to see golf on tv? HAHAHA. Who has a father like my father?
I remember him coaching me for my track meet. He'd make me run around and warm up in jackets and I'd hate him for making me do so but I know it's for my own good. I won the regionals, the district and got 5th place for the Southern California 100 meters race and all thanks to Ayah, the man who has pushed me to go for what I love. He made me join a badminton club with Ana and Muna and paid for it, got us trained with Nusa Mahsuri for the weekend, hoping we'd be the next Anak anak Sidek? HAHA/
I hope he know's that Im proud to have him as my dad.
Can't imagine the world without him.
I remember taking this photo back in 93 in LA using a disposable camera.
Spot the box on the table haha. I think Ayah was saying something about me shooting this
pic.
Him and his warga emas friends on a trip to China.
Ayah in the middle. Ko hado?
During his days doing masters in the state.
Him with the contestants of Tilawah AlQuran Kebangsaan . He's the committee member.
Tug of war at Santa Anita.
Planting a tree at my schools' gotong royong back in 97
Los Angeles
Him and his attaches
Him and the students from Malaysia. Raya. Los Angeles. 93?
Santa Anita.
Raya at our back yard in San Marino.
In front of our house in San Marino. We moved out after 3 years to Arcadia.
Ayah and Mama at Uncle Iqbals' house. Raya.
HAHA sorry ayah.
San Marino.
Laguna Beach with Ustaz Kassim
Me and Ayah on my engagement day.
Ancient history. HAHA. Spot Pak Yem!!
Happy Birthday ayah.
I love you to bits.

7 comments:
happy birthday pakcik yem, yeah we are dec babies. hahahaha.
67 n going strong, hari2 nak merayau, aku yg letehhhhhhhhhh la pak yem! haha
Happy bornday pak yem!I wish you peace and comfort for all the times to come :)
cepat2 buat twitter kihkih
if babah was still around I know he'll be just like your ayah, always looked sweet and handsome when he smiled. Call me bias but hey the man’s my daddy! lol!
hmmm..it always feel like yesterday when we lost someone so dear.
yati -pak yem la pak yem
huda - harini takleh marah2 dia, harini bday dia haha. padanla malam tadi dia good mood je gelak manjang keke. sapa nak join birthday dinner angkat tangan!
yaya-sob sob. daddy's are the closest to our heart kan? i bet you're a daddy's girl. he would've been so proud of aasim!!!
gila oi buat twitter. kang dia bebel tak cukup aksara. aksara gitu haha
nangis plak aku huu
aku pun nak nangis. huuu..
happy birthday uncle yem. uncle gittew. 67 n still going strong. cayalah pak yem. ape rahsia? hehehehe
huda-hehehhee awat sedeh niii
sk-hu jangan nanes la sk nah tisu...hehe rahsianya bini lawa haha
Post a Comment