Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kalif Ihraz #2

How can 9 months pass so fast? It still feels like yesterday we got married, and now I have a son, masyaAllah I'm now a mother :) 

Kalif was born after I was being induced at 38 weeks, on a Sunday. I thought he'd come on the 9th of September , since EVERYONE says being induced would take a long time. But mine was a special case. 

We checked in at the hospital around 8 am. After reading so many reviews, I concluded that husbands CAN visit wives in the labor ward before being wheeled into the labor room. So after changing my clothes, and when the nurse asked me to follow her into the labor ward,I followed her, who was already down the hall. I thought I would see Aizad again.   But I didn't Uwaaaa. Rasa sedih je jalan sambil pandang belakang

"Handphone taknak bawak ke?"
" Tak boleh!" the nurse said. 

I couldn't even bring my phone in, just my insulin. 

I slept for an hour before being woken up at 9 gently by a nurse. She took my details, and in the next hour more doctors came. One Indian Dr asked me more q's, and I remember a Dr Yati, And then this other Dr in Jeans. HAHA sempoi gila. I remember dia lawa. 

But the 3 people who came, and explained everything and administered everything, was Dr Zizie (Rafizi), Dr MissDalia and Dr Rafie the houseman (Tau tak houseman tu apa CFM? tet kbai)

At 9, I was already dilating 1 cm before even being induced. That explains the light menstrual pain i had for a few days. They administered the first dose of prostglandin into my vajajay and then I just waited. Cramps were mild, but the prostglandin triggered it straight away. By 12, the 3 came and checked me again. I was still at 1 cm. sigh*. THis is gonna be a long wait . 

But then Dr Zizie asked me

"Dr tadi ada explain tak pasal research diorang buat?"

I didn't know what they were talking about. Then Dr Zizie explained that usually, for mothers who are being induced, they would get a dose of prostglandin every 6 hours. So technically, my next dose would be at 3 pm. 

But they were doing a research , where patients would be given a dose every 3 HOURS, and then from there they'll see whether labor will happen faster, or not. Logically, it would , right? 

I asked her "Kena mintak permission husband tak?" , secretly hoping that I'd be allowed to see Aizad

She said no, so I signed the papers. Ala labor is labor anyway, faster or slower, it's still going to hurt. I have always kept that in my mind. 

They said they'll check again at 3. Dr Rafie said I could go take a walk, and so I did, and even did my prayers for the last time at the surau. By 3.30 they came, and I was 3cm dilated!

I thought it was expected, I mean people say you should be dilating 1cm per hour, so 3 isn't a suprise. But they said it was fast, and before I know it , they broke my waterbag, and I was wheeled into the labor room. 

"Lepas ni tak boleh bangun tau. Kita nak administer ubat through drip". 

And so  I waited patiently in the labor room, which was pretty cozy, since it was a new building. I slept and Dr Zizie told me to use the Entonox gas provided just when I feel that a contraction will come. It was 4, and they will check me again at 8pm

Entonox (gas and air) is a colourless, odourless gas made up of half oxygen and half nitrous oxide. It's also known as laughing gas. It has a calming effect and can take the edge off labour pain, rather than blocking it out.

    source : BabyCentre


note : i dont know why but I can't seem to break the words below into smaller paragraphs.  

The pain was bearable at first. I didn't use the gas for the first hour. Dr Rafie came and gave me a jab of painkiller to make the pain bearable. Dr Zizie offered epidural, but she said if I used the entonox, I wouldn't need epidural. I brushed the idea away and waited.

By the second hour, pain was still ok but picking up. I recited Alfatihah, 3 qul and Doa nabi nuh alternately with the gas for the first 3 hours. I hit hour 4 and depended on entonox only, by that time the pain was too much. At 8 they came, and I was 8 cm! The Dr's were shocked, and seeing how I was so much in pain, they reduced my dosage to half. Dr Rafie came and passed me my air selusuh, which was with Aizad. I knew it wouldn't take long, so I asked Dr Rafie to take kurma from Aizad.  I think Dr Zizie ruled that out. Should have asked earlier when I was at 3cm. 

By 8.30 it was too much. I was in AGONY. I was moaning like hell and kicking the bed and frantically pushing the button for the nurse. One came and I told her I wanted to push so bad. She seemed annoyed, told me to push and I guess she didn't see anything so she said it wasn't time yet, in a very rude manner, and said never to push the button again. &@&#&@&#@. I was in too much pain to say anything, but a few mins later the pretty Dr came and I asked how much was i dilating and she said I was fully dilated!! 

That's 7 cm in 4.5 hours  !! Minum air selusuh pun tak sempat. By 8.35 Dr Zizie and Dr MissDalia came. I started to push even before they were ready, while they chatted casually and prepping up at the same time lol. Kelakar pon ada. Pedulik apa, push je. hahaha. That was the only thing that helped eased the pain. Aku dah sakit macam apa. 

By 8.50,they started to coach me. Dr zizie shouted that I was doing well, and I was pushing correctly but I kept on breathing in and the head kept coming back in. I did a few more, less than 10 i think, and after a few good ones, (gosh her name is so pretty but redundant hehe) I felt the ring of fire. I remembered to stop pushing, and breathed gently, to reduce the tear. 

And Kalif Ihraz came out. 

"Ya Allah". 
I looked to the left and there he was. He was so small. My baby :) He's out. No longer inside me.
The nurse cleaned him and lifted him up to me, telling me to unbutton my top for skin to skin contact. They asked me to announce his sex, but before Kalif was near me, he pee'ed in mid air!! LOL. All over my top. Everyone laughed
"Ni memang anak mak!" LOL
I held on to him for a while. It was so surreal. The pain was gone , and he stopped crying. he had one hand over his eye, macam silau haha. I nudged it gently, and he blinked back. 
Cair tengok anak sendiri :)
Then they took him to see his father. Abah must have been really suprised when the nurse called and told him you arrived at 9.18pm. He thought I would deliver later,10 or such. 
I was stitched up later by Dr Zizie, who did a great job. They performed an epi on me, I don't even know when. SO the cut was straight and nice. SHe gave me a few jabs to numb me down under, and I used the entonox gas occasionally. 
I was wheeled up front. And while waiting for the papers to be sorted out, someone came and gave me a kiss on the forehead from behind :). And my family was there.
We all went up to the postnatal ward, patiently waiting for Kalif. They were cleaning him up, and by 12 , the little slugger was pushed in. 
Our fathers performed the tahnik ; kurma, garam, gula, madu, and air zam zam. 




They left shortly after. Leaving me with this beautiful healthy gift. 
Alhamdulillah. Everything went well and like my mother said, it's a beautiful experience. A painful one, but beautiful nontheless :)

He's one week old tomorrow. And I'm surprisingly stronger than i would expect by Day 6 of confinement. Kalif has developed his sleeping pattern, i think. Which explains how I can write this post at 11 pm at night. HEHE. 

We have our own small family now :)




 With Mama Anis the day after. Thanks for the bath tub Mamanis!

I'll post more about PPUM later. PPUM jeeeeee punnn kan cfm. kekekeke. 

xoxo
Nawal and Aizad and Little Kalif Ihraz (Kang tulis #BabyK orang kata sama macam MissV ok ok I'll stop kekeke inside joke people, inside joke)

18 comments:

PussyCat said...

I still cant imagine the labour pain. Im nervous esp part nak push. Ntah i reti ke x...alhamdulillah babyK dh keluar..xsbr rsnya nk kluarkan my babyZ! ;-) btw,if u dh blk sepang nnt roger makcik urut eh.

PussyCat said...

I still cant imagine the labour pain. Im nervous esp part nak push. Ntah i reti ke x...alhamdulillah babyK dh keluar..xsbr rsnya nk kluarkan my babyZ! ;-) btw,if u dh blk sepang nnt roger makcik urut eh.

PussyCat said...

I still cant imagine the labour pain. Im nervous esp part nak push. Ntah i reti ke x...alhamdulillah babyK dh keluar..xsbr rsnya nk kluarkan my babyZ! ;-) btw,if u dh blk sepang nnt roger makcik urut eh.

Unknown said...

Pussycat-its like menstrual pain. Tapi multiplied by i camt even say how much haha. Dont mean to scare u. Its ok, tuhan jadikan perempuan kuat, sakit tu kejap je, lahir baby terus hilang. And not so bad bila dah fully dilate and when u push, sakit tu hilang.

I kat sepang dah. U nak ke, nanti i mintak number dia.

Tgg said...

Yaallah nawal. Tahniah. Happy for both of u. u deserve it. Seronok baca. Doa2 i dpt jd mommu jugak.. COngrats!

Unknown said...

Hanys-thank u hanis . InsyaAllah Tuhan beri bila pada masa kita da sedia, insyaAllah :)

Bushra Tajuddin said...

Tahniah Nawal & Aizad.
Alhamdulillah.. semuanya dah selamat.
Sedapnya nama dia. Hai Kalif Ihraz! Awak comel lah! Heheee..

Selamat Berpantang Nawal! :)

ayez said...

Beautiful experience Nawal! Tak tahan bab BabyK kencing in midair tu~~ Heeeeee~~ Nak "rasmikan" maknye dulu. Alhamdulillah! So skarang Nawal pantang kat mana?

Unknown said...

Nyomel-thank u aunty! Kita tau kita omeyyyy

Ayez-hahaha bertuahnya budak. Pantang at shah alam n sepang

Rilla said...

Alhamdulillah. Part memancut tu lawak ok, agaknya he wanted to announce his gender in a grand manner, LOL.

Syukur you dapat dilate cepat :D

NoRr said...

congratulation nawal & family. enjoy motherhood! ;)

Unknown said...

Rilla-haha nasib baik kencing,baru lepas kua spital hehe. Alhamdulillah, xyah dok lelama kat labor ward.

Nor-thank u very much :)

PussyCat said...

Nawal.nak3 nombornya!

Unknown said...

Cikmeow-0192500732. Mak lang suminik. Cakap nawal, bini izat anak zahar kasi. Dia sedara husband i

BAIZURA NATASHA said...

Congrats babe. Hugs n kisses to kalif. Btw, pedulikan apa org nak kata. Tak hidup dek puji, tak mati dek keji. Haha. Selamat berpantang

PussyCat said...

nawal - dah call mak lang. she's a nice lady. hehe. thanks a lot!lega i part makcik urut dah setel! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks bai! :) hugs*

Cikmeow-hehehe. Welcome! Nanti dah bersalin, part dia urut urat bengkak tu, fuhhhh jerit! Tapi kali ketiga dah bes hehe. Bila call?

ain.ya.nun. said...

Haishhh, bacalah 100 orang punya pengalaman bersalin pun, air mata tetap akan bergenang. Haha.

Bersalin mmg beautiful experience sgt kan lagi-lagi lepas tengok muka baby.