We went to our first antenatal checkup yesterday! woohoo. Psyched about the fact we were going to see our baby for the first time, we woke up , had nasi lemak at Gembira and drove to DEMC, 5 minutes away. We reached the O&G Clinic at 9.10, and the clinic was full already! I went to the toilet twice and Aizad was getting restless. By the time the person before our turn left the room, Dr Jumeah had to go and visit the ward. Talk about bad luck.
He left for the bathroom for the second time when our number got called. So I went in first. By that time it was already 11.30
Dr Jumeah was softspoken and very polite. The nurse took my bp and Dr J asked some questions about my medical history and my family's. She even asked if twins run in the family. Oh and get this, I calculated my edd wrong. HAHA. all this while I thought you're supposed to use the last day of your last period. So Im due 22nd September. Woohoo. HAHA. Noob.
Honestly I didn't know WHAT to ask her. Yaya and Huda gave me all this q's but I only asked one or two. Got to see how she is though.
Well five mins later I lied down and she put this cold lotion or whatever its called on my belly, and we got to see our babybear for the first time!
First thing that came out of my mouth was "alolololo" hahahhaa. cause our baby was so small!!! The doctor was really quiet and concentrating, she even shushed Aizad haha. There was another monitor in front of me, besides the one the Dr was using, but Aizad blocked it all cause he was busy snapping photos. He was beaming I cant help but smile. Siap gadoh dalam bilik doc suruh tepi sikit nak tgk baby. HAHA.
So at 11.5 weeks, our baby is 4.5 cm long and is doing mighty well inside Ummi's tummy.
Alhamdulillah..
After the scan Dr J explained about the detailed scan and the chromosome scan. First appointment and she's offering it already, but from week 20-24 that is. We decided to ditch the chromosome scan.
We went downstairs to the lab afterwards to have some blood tests done. Results will be referred to the doctor straight away. Dr J wont be in next month so my next appointment will be with Dr Fairuz, my ex neighbour.
Last night I dreamt Dr Fairuz was a man and he was almost bald.

5 comments:
first time tengok baby, mesti perasaan yang tak terkata, kan.best je.
owh nawal..cute kan baby..kt tak scan lagi..due kt 11 sept..awal sket je..
next checkup korang tapau je nasi lemak ok.nanti lambat lagi hihi
aku ingat dr fairuz tu lelaki gak memula haha
bestnya nanti leh tgk baby B somersault hihihi
Sarahsyafiq :hehehe haah terdiam dedua.dah lama baru dgr suara hwhwhw
Rinie:haha dokat jahhh...ok x nau?muntah?
Yaya-kahhh kat luar klinik ada kafe..aizad smpt beli jajan utk aku.haha.padahal dia habiskan.
Baby aku tepuk tgn terus.dari dalam perot aku ajar haha
i yg budak biology ni pn hanya betul2 tahu period cycle bila dh pregnant okk.hahah. dlu ms beljr xnk phm btul2.phm n hafal n jwb exam je lol.
take care :)
Post a Comment